Notice: This software is dedicated to my wife and anyone who has been fighting breast cancer. All supports/help are welcome and highly appreciated!
This page is for downloading BanksiaGUI – a chess GUI with beta versions, before officially releasing.
To run the app, just download, unzip and click the program. You may need a 64 bit OS, either a Windows 7, 10, macOS, or Linux.
Bug reports, ideas, suggestions, feature requests… are highly appreciated! Please use some below ways:
- write down here as comments
- email us banksiagui at gmail dot com
- a topic about Banksia GUI in forum Talkchess.com
Ver 0.39 beta (7 April 2021)
- BanksiaGUI 0.39 for MS Windows 7 & 10, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.39 for macOS, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.39 for Linux, 64 bit
- Fixed bugs:
- Analyze on the fly with multi-engines: crashed sometimes
- Fix font for Lc0’s stats table
- Crosstable displayed wrong scores
- Couldn’t verify huge Syzygy files (over 2 GB)
- Local network: did not play
- Lichess bot: couldn’t challenge when the concurrency number is small
- Wrong suggestion to download NNUE files when installing Stockfish
- Might be crashed/freeze because of bugs in graphical functions
- Some small improvements
- Faster and more clever parser for Lc0 stats to avoid being laggy and/or freeze when Lc0 creates too much data (if your computer is weak and/or playing a tournament, it is better to turn Lc0 stats completely off by setting options LogLiveStats and VerboseMoveStats to false)
- New features:
- Graph: can setup background; can use engines’ colors; shows multi graph lines for multi-engines when analyzing
- Two PV boards (auto being showed) if both sides are chess engines
To use Banksia GUI with some languages, users can download language packages (extension .qm) and copy it into folder languages (it is located on the same folder with the runnable file of Banksia GUI. For macOS, it is in package BanksiaGui.app, right-click on that to popup menu and select Show Package Contents)
(no extra language packages, all available ones are released with BSG)
You may help people by translating BSG into your languages.
BanksiaGUI is built based on our opensource Banksia. You may visit, download and/or contribute: