Notice: This software is dedicated to my wife and anyone who has been fighting breast cancer. All supports/help are welcome and highly appreciated!
Welcome and thank you very much for visiting, downloading and helping us!
This page is for downloading BanksiaGUI – a chess GUI with beta versions, before officially releasing.
To run the app, just download, unzip and click to the program. You may need a 64 bit OS, either a Windows 7, 10, macOS or Linux.
Bug reports, ideas, suggestions, feature requests… are highly appreciated! Please use some below ways:
- write down here as comments
- email us banksiagui at gmail dot com
- a topic about Banksia GUI in forum Talkchess.com
- BanksiaGUI forums
Ver 0.37 beta (29 August 2020)
- BanksiaGUI 0.37 for MS Windows 7 & 10, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.37 for macOS, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.37 for Linux, 64 bit
- Fixed bugs:
- PGN parser/creator bugs on promotions
- Download dialog shows nothing
- Crash when reading EDP books
- Some small bugs: sometimes missing display mate on Evaluation panel; collect wrongly data from PGN games to create stats
- Some small improvements
- New features:
- Support Chinese (translated by Qingyuan Ouyang)
- Show the number of tournament games when changing parameters
- Export/copy PGN games from Tournament list
- Make a castle move by dropping King into Rook (it works before for Chess960 only)
- Download and manage NNUE networks. However, this feature may be changed later, depending on Stockfish design
To use Banksia GUI with some languages, users can download language packages (extension .qm) and copy it into folder languages (it is located on the same folder with the runnable file of Banksia GUI. For macOS, it is in package BanksiaGui.app, right-click on that to popup menu and select Show Package Contents)
(no extra language packages, all available ones are released with BSG)
You may help people by translating BSG into your languages.
BanksiaGUI is built based on our opensource Banksia. You may visit, download and/or contribute: