Notice: This software is dedicated to my wife and anyone who has been fighting breast cancer. All supports/help are welcome and highly appreciated!
This page is for downloading BanksiaGUI – a free chess GUI with beta versions, before officially releasing.
To run the app, just download, unzip and click the program. You need a 64 bit OS, either a Windows 7, 10, macOS, or Linux.
Bug reports, ideas, suggestions, feature requests… are highly appreciated! Please use some below ways:
- write down here as comments
- email to banksiagui at gmail dot com
- a topic about Banksia GUI in forum Talkchess.com
Ver 0.42 beta (03 May 2021)
- BanksiaGUI 0.42 for MS Windows 7 & 10, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.42 for macOS, 64 bit
- BanksiaGUI 0.42 for Linux, 64 bit
- Fixed bugs:
- Elo offset for databases: cannot anchor to a player
- Cannot directly edit names, paths… of engines by double click in Settings
- Crash when clear board on editing
- Some small improvements/adjustments such as upgraded metallic theme
- New features:
- Right-click to highlight squares, right-click and drag to draw arrows. Press Shift, Ctrl, Alt buttons to change colors. Do the same squares to remove an individual highlight, arrow. Any left-click on the board will erase all those highlights and arrows. Colors can be modified via Settings
- Show threatened pieces – the pieces are attacked without any protection or are attacked by smaller value pieces (say, a Queen is being attacked by a Bishop regardless it’s protected or not). This function may be very useful for beginners to reduce nonsense losing pieces
- Edit tournament: users can easily and quickly change players, remove, reset games, merge two tournaments… without working directly with JSON files. It’s useful if you want to change/upgrade engines
To use Banksia GUI with some languages, users can download language packages (extension .qm) and copy it into folder languages (it is located on the same folder with the runnable file of Banksia GUI. For macOS, it is in package BanksiaGui.app, right-click on that to popup menu and select Show Package Contents)
You may help people by translating BSG into your languages by forking one of below repositories:
BanksiaGUI is built based on our opensource Banksia. You may visit, download and/or contribute: