Few more Bugs

Moderators: AlexChess, TedSummers

benkrik

Few more Bugs

Post by benkrik »

Guys, noticed the following reproducible bugs (exactly the same in two different laptops, Windows 10) :

1. In "Tournament Results" ("Cross" tab) --> when choosing Score: "performance", and trying to sort the results by score%, it will still sort by "number" (score) not by performance (score%).

Example:

Engine1 100% (10 games, 10 points (won all games))
Engine2 50% (40 games, 20 points (all games drawn)

When sorting by performance , 50% should go before 100%. Instead it still sorts by points (10 points before 20 points), therefore the sort is wrong.
By the way it would be much better to have separate columns for points (number), and for performance (score%)

2. Crashes:. When playing tournaments, we can set Concurrency to 0 to gently pause the tournament after current games are completed. As soon as the last game completes it's about 50% chance that Banksia will crash/close. Does not happen every time, but every second time or so.

3. Crashes: I think this is related to a previous bug: in the tournament when using Concurrency 1, during loading/unloading next/previous engines after a game is over - program crushes/closes at least every second game. It never happens when Concurrency more than 1. I had a tournament running for days with concurrencies 2-4 without crashes.

4. Crashes: Issues with editing a tournament. Going "Tournaments" --> "Actions" ---> "Edit Current Tournament". When trying to add games for a new source player, or replace one source player for another, or sometimes reset games for a source player. Program allows to do that, but after a confirmation window with button OK appears, very often GUI crashes/closes. After re-opening the changes in the tournament are in place.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you need any clarifications. I hope those issues can be reproduced in your environments and be fixed.
benkrik

Re: Few more Bugs

Post by benkrik »

Found 3-4 more easily reproducible bugs in Tools --> Test Positions interface (sorting of the stats, progress bar for more than one lap of testing, and others), but looks like nobody monitors these threads. I presume either the development is stopped, or all the bugs are already discovered and will be fixed in the next release...