Colour for evaluation score

Moderators: AlexChess, TedSummers

Milsabor

Colour for evaluation score

Post by Milsabor »

Hi,

playing with Macintosh (iMac 21.5 _ 2019 Os 13.1) with two different engine, the evaluation score appears in blue and red in the "Engine info" window, by colours are reversed in the "Score graph" window ?

And moreover, the setting "Score from white point of view" is never kept registered : each time BanksiaGui is launched I have to choose it again.

Thanks for your work,
best regards

[edit] In fact, colours don't seem to be stable : sometimes blue, sometimes red ...
pham
Site Admin

Re: Colour for evaluation score

Post by pham »

In Engine info panel, scores in red means they have been decreasing, blue - increasing.

For graphs, their colours are set in Settings. They could be colours of engines or customised.

There is a bug on setting Score for White side and it has been fixed for the next release. Thanks for the report!
Milsabor

Post by Milsabor »

Thanks a lot.

Obviously, I don't have it all figured out yet ! ;)

At least, there were one real bug ...
benkrik

Post by benkrik »

I have to say, that I almost reported the same "bug". Yes I see that it's not a bug now, but it's extremely counterintuitive.

My suggestion would be make a default colors for Score graph - not blue and red, but say black (for black) and white (for white). Then there will be no confusion. Otherwise most of the users will connect a blue and red colors for scores in the clock panels with blue and red colors in Score graph.