All the dedicated chess computers that I have owned

Here we remember the golden ages of dedicated chess computers and early engines
AlexChess

All the dedicated chess computers that I have owned

Post by AlexChess »

My first chess computer in 1982, Six levels (with a module the strength was sligtly better but levels reduced to only 4) was very weak (1400 ELO).

It has been a wrong buy. Not stronger than Mini Sensory Chess, weak even making blunders. I should have bought Fidelity Sensory Challenger 9.

Good program by Julio Kaplan (1800 ELO) . Just started to work for Intelligent Games Kasparov chess computer importer for Italy.

My first wooden chess board. (1800 ELO)

Nice little portable by Julio Japlan (1600 ELO)

Good program by David Kittinger (1850 ELO)

I had only bought the Maestro and Analyst 8 Mhz (with nice display) modules. But I had the expensive Spark module from Kate and Dan Spraklen at home for testing purposes.

Fidely Elite Avangarde 2100 (1900 ELO) exchanged with my competitor for a Kasparov Reinassance: Angelo Besana was their skilled technician.

It was a a very nice 16kb portable with a good program by Julio Kaplan (1800 ELO)

Very good portable computer (1900 ELO) from the competitor Novag.

Mephisto Modular with Polgar module.

I owned the Mephisto Exclusive wooden board, but only with Rome 68020 WCCC 1987 module. This is the last Almeria WCCC 1992.

Rome WCCC 1987 module by Richard Lang (Genius program author for computer) 2100 ELO with very solid playing style.