Suggestion to correct and report from Archlinux system

Moderators: AlexChess, TedSummers

batot

Suggestion to correct and report from Archlinux system

Post by batot »

Hello all,

First of all, my congratulations on the effort put into writing this software.
As I am a mountainer in Archlinux distribution and I noticed that the banksagui package is not yet in this distribution, so I did a very preliminary fitting how this software will behave on this system.

So to the point.
What has been tested:
- the package, after unpacking and supplementing the dependencies, surprisingly started and worked stably. It has not been tested long or thoroughly.
Errors noticed during the start, I don't know if it's useful to someone as I'm posting this:

Code: Select all

$./BanksiaGUI.sh
Error loading text-to-speech plug-in "speechd"
JsonMaker::build, configVec.size: 1
  executable file number: 1, concurrency: 2

OK, an engine detected: Stockfish 15, uci
All engines / executable files are checked, finishing! Total engines: 1
QFile::rename: Empty or null file name
Empty filename passed to function
Empty filename passed to function
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve EVP_PKEY_base_id
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get_peer_certificate
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get_peer_certificate
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2499, resource id: 11357611, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_saveJournalBtn_clicked(bool)
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
(If anyone knows how to fix these errors, let me know in the answer)
- the full screen "F11" button does not work. I also did not find anywhere in the program how to make full screen.
- very bad checkerboard size scaling, toolbar, string "HUMAN / Computer", look there I was putted screen https://ibb.co/4PNTkPV
This is what the program looks like on a 14" laptop screen. I haven't found anywhere an option to adjust the size of some things so that the chessboard is much larger and not so miniature. Yes, you can reduce the analysis window, but it doesn't give much. On the screen it is already reduced compared to the default screen after the first system startup.

Regarding the AUR (GIT).
1. Is the only source/version available for building a package:
https://banksiagui.com/dl/BanksiaGui-0.58-linux64.zip ?
2. Where can I found dependencies list?
3. Is someone already doing a Polish translation? If not, then I can try to do it.

No other questions for now. Nice job guys. Fix the screen scaling on smaller monitors than 24" and it will be great.
If you have any questions about how the program behaves in Archlinux, feel free to ask.